7.30.2008

I just don't know where to start.

I know that I have been kind of slack in not posting anything, especially now that I am back from Mexico. The thing is, I just really don't know where to start. I think I have decided to make a list for you-- The Top 5 Things I Loved and The Top 5 Things I Hated. So, here you go.

TOP 5 THINGS I LOVED:
1. Key West, Florida- I've never been there before and it was so fun. It's a pretty little town and there isn't that much traffic and you can pretty much walk the whole stretch of land that is important (Duval Street). Zach and I had a great time shopping and visiting the tourist sites- like Ernest Hemingway's house!
2. Carlos N' Charlies in Cozumel, MX- This place was so fun! It was great mexican food and they had funny waiters and clowns running around making balloon figures and messing with the people in the restaurant. I about had a heart attack when one of the clowns put a fake roach on the table next to me. Still funny though.
3. Hairy Chest Contest on the Boat- So funny. These guys got so into it, dancing like fools. Zach entered, but didn't win because he wasn't drunk enough. ;)
4. THE FOOD- omg, it was so good! I had some seafood like every night and even tried fresh mozzarella with beefsteak tomatoes and that was good (weird, b/c I hate tomatoes!).
5. The Mayan Ruins in Cozumel- We were upset that the boat was diverted from Progresso because we really wanted to see some ruins, so we were happy to find out that we could rent a Jeep in Cozumel and drive over to the largest ruins in Cozumel. It was pretty neat- we saw a ton of iguanas that just scurried around all the tourists. I just could never imagine that people actually lived in those little (sometimes big) stone buildings. Amazing.

TOP 5 THINGS I HATED:
1. The boat rocking through the hurricane waters- Hurricane Dolly had just left the building when we headed over to Cozumel from Key West and the water was so rough. I fell out of the bed one night because we were rocking so bad.
2. Getting on the boat- This really sucked. There was a line to park your car, a line to give your baggage over, a line to get on the escalator to go up to security, a line to go through security, a line to get checked in, and a line to get your picture taken before actually getting on the boat. Ugh.
3. Getting off the boat- MUCH WORSE. They let you set your luggage outside the door of your cabin so that you don't have to carry it off the boat, but then when you get into the terminal (after waiting in a line to get off the boat and another line to go down the escalator), you have to go get your luggage and hoist it to another HUGE line to go through customs. Poor Zach, he had to carry my giant bag over his shoulder the whole time.
4. The way people drove in Mexico- DUDE...it was bad. Most people in Mexico drive either (A) pieces of shit cars or (B) scooters of some sort. The pieces of shit would just pull out in front of you and the scooters would zoom around you and cut you off. It was so scary that I had Zach take the Jeep (that we rented) back to the rental place as soon as we were done seeing the ruins [even though we rented the Jeep for the day] because I didn't want to drive ANYWHERE ANYMORE.
5. The fact that the ship's dining room is right over the back of the boat- The dining room would shake the whole time we were in there and this was especially bad the night that we were going through rough seas because there was shaking and rocking the whole time. I thought I was going to ralph.

So, that was my trip in a nutshell. We had a great time; though, next time we go on a cruise, we are going to go on one of the newer bigger boats. People said that they were much less prone to being knocked around by the water-- or at least you feel it less.

MY BIRTHDAY- So, my 24th birthday is in 10 days! Woot. The following message is for my friends that might consider buying me a gift:
Please don't buy me the fourth Stephenie Meyer book because I will probably go buy it myself the day it comes out! I can't wait for my birthday! :)
Things that I would be interested in receiving:
Books: The Eat Clean Diet Book OR Lord Save Us From Y0ur Followers
CDs: Sugarland- Love on the Inside, Paolo Nutini- These Streets, John Mayer- Continuum, OR Miranda Lambert- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Anything else you think I'd like! :)

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com