7.08.2008

Chocolate cheesecake is the devil!

I know, I haven't blogged in a while.
I was out of town and when I got back to Tallahassee, I had a giant "to do" list on my desk at work. I'm still sort of on vacation mode, and I'm not feeling very productive, so, aside from practicing the art of procrastination, I haven't really been in the mood to do much at all (including blogging, unfortunately). I got into an e-mail argument with my boss over the weekend and that has just added to my case of the "screw its." Its a real disease, you know. I nurse it with sweets and very-bad-for-you-mexican-food. Hence the title of this blog... one of my co-workers brought in a chocolate cheesecake from Fresh Market this morning (because another of my co-workers is leaving the firm-- good for her!). The thing was so rich and I knew I shouldn't have eaten any... but I did and now I really don't care about doing anything. All I want to do is go home a crawl into my bed, and, perhaps, watch a marathon of some sort on TV. I have tried all morning to get things done and it has been impossible. So, if I'm not working on work, I might as well pretend that I am working by updating my blog. The typing sound tends to soothe my boss out of hysterics. :)

My peachin' good weekend.
So-- let me tell you about my weekend. I went up to the grand ole town of Gilbert, SC for the Lexington County Peach Festival. This is, like, a really big deal there. I mean, it is kind of huge. They have a car show and a market-type thing where you can buy all sorts of items that you don't really need. They also had several "acts" on the main stage in the park-- you know, where mothers have pushed their young daughters into shaking their asses in pink spandex on stage so that the audience can ooh and ahh and the mothers can live vicariously through their daughters. That kind of "act." I must say, the peach ice cream was DE-LICIOUS. Apparently, Gilbert sends their peaches to Mayfield and Mayfield specially makes peach ice cream just for the festival. They were unloading that stuff like crazy on the 4th. And like I said, it was scrumptious. Other than that, the parade was kind of a let-down because it was so political. In South Carolina, their elections for the county council and state congress is at the end of July so the campaigning was in full swing. I think that there were more politicians in convertibles in the parade than there were actual floats. Sad.

Speaking of, I was made aware of another candidate for President this weekend. His name is Chuck Baldwin and he's a nutjob. If you don't agree, you should probably stop reading this now. He wants to do all kinds of crazy things like abolish the IRS (which, I have to say, sounds nice but it a reeeeeeeeeally. reaaaaaalllllly. bad. idea.-- taxes are important), stop dependence on foreign oil (yeah, like thats possible), close the borders to the U.S. (ok, also sounds good, but then who is going to do all the jobs that YOU don't want to do?), and make the laws support a 100% pro-life stance (um, so if a rapist impregnates you, you must have his baby?? cool.). So, anyway, this guy had a "float" in the parade (a GMC truck with Baldwin magnets all over it) and there were people walking along side this truck handing out flyers about why Baldwin should be elected. (*by the way, he is running under the Constitution Party- just for your information). So, this old guy sitting on the sidewalk asks the guy handing out flyers, "Why should we vote for this guy??" and the guy says, "He's an American.... and a Christian." Really? Wow, that's so different from the other candidates. So, because I'm a smart-ass, born and bred, I yelled out, "Well, if that's all it takes, I'm running too!" The guy just walked away and people clapped for me. Haha! Needless to say, I won't be voting for Chuckie.

11 days until my cruise!
My husband and I are heading off on our (belated) honeymoon in a couple of weeks and I can't wait! Mexico and $1 Coronas, here I come! We are going on a Carnival cruise, and its supposedly the oldest boat in the fleet. Yay. I always get that kind of luck... of course, the travel agent didn't think to mention that when we booked it, but whatever. I'll have fun anyway. We are trying to figure out how we are going to sneek our own booze onto the boat because we would like to be able to save some money. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them!

For now, I'm going to go attempt to work on my to do list. Maybe I'll be back later if I can't focus. :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

HaHa...you always crack me up with your blogs...I love reading your updates.

I am not big on peach ice cream, but I must admit your description of the peaches and mayfield was tempting. LOL

Sorry about the email from the boss, you gotta call me and tell me what had happened :) Both my bosses despise me, so no worries...

Thank for sending me not only one thing for my bday, but 2 (!!!) things, I am very excited, I love gifts and the older you get the less you get :(

About Jon and Kate...they are available but only on the TLC site...I found that out by googling them and it took me to TLC and they have Seasons 1 and 2!!! So exciting...have you watched the show? Its amazing...Wed night is marathon night...I am going to miss it tomorrow cuz I am going to Myabis for my bday dinner...wish you were here...Well I will blog tomorrow or Thursday...Love ya..

Rachel said...

Yeah, yeah, I know, I am a total blog slacker...lol. Actually I am doing much better at it this time around then I was doing when we tried in college. Will try and post about the birthday today/tonight...love ya :)

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com