6.26.2008

Get it, Al.


So, two nights ago, I was watching the BET awards (what?) and they gave Al Green the Lifetime Achievement Award, and then he performed two songs: "Let's Stay Together" & "Love and Happiness." At first, I was worried Al might have lost "it." You know what "it" is. "It's" that thing that you have when "you've got it." That probably didn't make a lot of sense- but whatev. So, anyway- Al made the audience sing his song because he's Al Green and everyone knows the words to his songs. So- this is the BET awards, right? There's all these gangstas in attendance (and that's not a racial comment- they are all trying to be gangstas, all tough and bad-ass. It's true). And all of these gangstas are just belting out Let's Stay Together. Dude, it was so funny. Busta Rhymes was gettin' it- so was T-Pain and Lil' Wayne.

By the way, I would not pay money to see Lil' Wayne (Weezie) perform live. That boy sucked. Sorry to Lil' Weezie fans, but dang. I think he should have laid off the Couvoisier before the show. Anyway..Al Green ended up rockin' it out. It was probably the best live performance I've seen on an awards show in a long while because he had everyone, and I mean EVERYONE standing up and belting out his tunes. Pretty supertastic.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be studying for my exams-- but instead I'm watching reruns of Grey's and downloading Al Green songs. Z just made me a Bacardi O and OJ. Before that, I had a Parrots Bay and diet. This is not facilitative (is that a word?) of study time. I don't really have anything else to say. I'm boring. I know. I'm sorry. Maybe tomorrow.

Loves.

(By the way, don't forget to check out my soundtrack. And, don't forget to comment!)

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com