6.24.2008

Coffee Overload.

So- I'm at work again.

Yeah. That's fabulous news for you because that means that this post will make absolutely no sense whatsoever and you'll probably be stupider (yes, that's a word) at the end just for reading it. By the way, that was my version of a disclaimer.

Anyway, I got my pup back yesterday! We boarded him over the weekend while we were at the beach, and the place isn't open on Sundays, so we had to wait until yesterday to go pick him up. I think that it is ridiculous that a veterinarian's office is closed on Sundays. Don't they know that people come back from vacays on Sundays? Geez. It's like they are purposely trying to squeeze an extra $16 dollars out of me! Well, they probably are. That’s what business is all about- beau coups de dollares (pronounced bo-ku de dole-are-ayes). That means money, for those of you who don’t speak Classy-Tallahassee.

I figured out today that drinking coffee makes me less hungry all the time. I’m not sure if drinking coffee all day rather than eating is any better than eating fried chicken, but at least I use Splenda and zero calorie creamer. Come on- that makes it better, doesn’t it? Has to, because fried chicken has 40 bazillion calories just in the fried skin. By the way, I am just joshing about not eating. I love food way too much to not eat. In fact, I think I’ll eat something now just to prove my point. Mmmm...nilla wafers.

My brain physically hurts.

So, surprise! I haven’t been paying attention in class at all this session and now exams are on the horizon. I was trying to comprehend what my professor was saying this morning in class and I couldn’t wrap my little brain around it. I must have missed something from a previous class. Thank GOD that one is a take home exam and that I have 4 days to write it. I’m basically going to be teaching myself the material as I write my exam. Yay for self-instruction! The other exam is the problem- it’s a closed book, closed note 4 hour exam that I have to take in the classroom. Luckily, I was smart enough to take it pass/fail, so I only have to get a 67 to pass—but dang, I still have to make a 67. So, I actually have to study the state constitution and look at the case briefs. However, my teacher was smart enough to have everyone in the class brief a case per class so I don’t even have to read the cases! Woot!

So, you may be asking yourself- What’s the problem? Sounds easy to me! Hey, if that’s all it is, maybe I could do law school! Yes, yes you can. But, that’s not the point. The point is that my lack of motivation and touch of ADD has triggered a full blown brain-block. I get a crazy headache every time I crack a textbook, and the headache can only be relieved by watching crappy reality T.V. or reruns of NCIS and Law& Order: SVU! I know; that’s weird, right?

This weekend, I have decided to work through the pain and do the work (because I have to since my coastal and ocean law exam is due on Monday morning). I’m thinking of creating myself a soundtrack to get me through it. Thus far, I have considered and then decided against Eye of the Tiger and I’ve Gotta Get Through This (Daniel Bedingfield). People have always told me that studying to classical music is good for memory retention...but seriously, I don’t think I could take it. Got any suggestions?

Speaking of tunes.

I heart Yahoo radio. They have all kinds of really good “stations,” but they also have an option where you can create your own radio station by choosing genres of music or favorite artists. One of my favorite stations on Yahoo radio is “The Coffeehouse.” They play stuff like John Mayer, Jack Johnson, etc. They also play some great fun tunes like the one I’m listening to...Suzanne Vega’s “Tom’s Diner.”

Have you ever thought about what your soundtrack would be in a movie about you? One of my sorority sisters did a soundtrack of her life one time and I thought about doing it myself. Maybe, since I am procrastinating at the moment, I’ll attempt to put a rough draft together. I’ll think about it and post it when I’ve got it together.

1 comments:

Sierra said...

Ok...so your blogs are so entertaining to read. I fear mine will never be as good. Although I guess that is the point of blogging, its your own so that makes it great regardless :). Technically, (I decided) that since I created my blog last week that counted for my one a week, now I just have to do one today or this week to account for this week. This maybe reading between the lines, but what the hell. LOL. Anyways, I was thinking about the soundtrack to life thing, I don't know what songs I would pick. To be honest you know I LOVE music, so I would be able to find songs, the problem would just be how long it could take to narrow them all down to a reasonable soundtrack. Anyways, guess I need to go blog so you have something to comment on. Later :)

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com