6.24.2008

If My Life Was A Movie...

This would be my soundtrack.

Opening Credits: Beautiful Disaster- Jon McLaughlin
I think this is a great song for how I felt in high school-- which is when my movie would begin.

Waking Up:
Tomorrow- Lillix

Average Day: Hanging Around- Counting Crows

High School: “Saved By The Bell” TV Theme Song; Girl Next Door- Saving Jane
For those of you who really know me, you know that Saved By the Bell is one of my most favorite shows and I always wished I went to Bayside. Girl Next Door is just very true to life.

High School Boyfriend/ Heartbreak: Slow Dancing in a Burning Room- John Mayer
This song makes me feel how I felt when I was in my "serious" relationship in high school- particularly when I knew it was ending.

Prom: I Wanna Dance With Somebody-Whitney Houston; Footloose!
I put my dancin' shoes on at prom!

Playing Sports: All-Star- Smashmouth
When I played softball in the summers, we always listened to this. It brings me back to those times everytime I hear it!

Summer Vacations: Summertime- Kenny Chesney; Two Piña Coladas- Garth Brooks

Secret Love: Secret- Maroon 5
This was the "gettin' jiggy" song in the movie "The Wedding Date," and it was so sexy- but not a great love scene tune for my movie since it talks about not knowing the person well. But, I think it fits my "secret love" moments for my movie!

Fake Friends: Thank You- Simple Plan; Low- Kelly Clarkson
I had some really trying times with my friends in high school. People who I thought were my friends or would be my friends forever turned out to be quite disappointing.

High School Graduation: Here’s to the Night- Eve 6; Time of Your Life- Green Day
Classics.

Starting College: Breakaway- Kelly Clarkson; Hello- Schuyler Fisk
The Schuyler Fisk song is more about leaving behind that guy from high school-- we still talked when I left, but I knew that we probably would never be friends or anything more again. It was sort of a sad moment at that time.

Long Night Alone: Boulevard of Broken Dreams- Green Day

Partying: Goodies- Ciara; Yeah- Usher/ Lil’ Jon; Hips Don’t Lie- Shakira; Low- FloRida
A couple of good ones from college parties and then a fun song for now.

Falling in Love: Hanging By a Moment- Lifehouse; For You I Will- Teddy Geiger
These are also from two different points in life. You figure it out- the Lifehouse song brings back so many memories...good and bad.

Love Scene: Loving You- Paolo Nutini
This is a very pretty song that I could imagine playing in a love scene in my movie- it reminds me of the Maroon 5 song that I think it very sexy (see above) but is much more suited to be in this category.

Breaking Up: The Trouble With Love Is- Kelly Clarkson
I was never really an angry broken hearted maniac- I was always kind of sappy, and this song fits how I felt during those shitty moments.

Getting Back Together: The Reason- Hoobastank; Better Together- Jack Johnson

Flashback: Summer of ’69- Bryan Adams
This is one of my favorite songs. I can't explain it, but I had to include it, and this category seemed to be the best.

Roadtrip: Life is a Highway- Rascal Flatts; The Great Escape- Boys Like Girls

Feeling Angsty: Right to Be Wrong- Joss Stone
This is how I feel fairly often :)

Engagement: I Drink, Swear, Steal and Lie- Brad Paisley; Everything- Michael Buble

College Graduation: Whenever You Remember- Carrie Underwood; Get Out of This Town- Carrie Underwood
"Get Out of This Town" is a good one for this category because I went to college in a tiny town that was suffocating me!

Starting Law School: So Long Sweet Summer- Dashboard Confessional
Basically, no more summers ever because even during the summer break, you either work full time or take classes.

Forever Friends: Find Out Who Your Friends Are- Tracy Lawrence; Umbrella- Rihanna

Death of a Loved One: One Sweet Day- Mariah Carey/ Boyz II Men

Mental Breakdown: Unwell- Matchbox 20; Bother- Stone Sour
I guess if I ever had a mental breakdown these songs would accurately set the mood?!

Deep Thought: Bittersweet Symphony- The Verve
To me, this is a perfect "thinking song." I've liked it ever since I heard it in the movie Cruel Intentions.

Wedding: This Kind of Love- Sister Hazel; Lost in the Moment-Big and Rich
"This Kind of Love" was our wedding song. It's unique and beautiful.

Closing Credits: Don’t Worry, Be Happy- Bob Marley
My dad and I used to sing this together all the time. I'd want to finish out my movie on a happy note like this.


So, that's my soundtrack. I'll probably add to it over the years... but for now it seems perfect. I think I am going to try to add a music player on the site that plays my life soundtrack. That would be neat-o.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com